Monday, March 5, 2007

Diving In

Okay -- here I go. I am going to try to be a BLOGGER. I'm sitting in my family room and my kids are watching Bambi while I create this blog and they are bugging me to get off the computer so they can play games at nicktoons.com. So...this won't be long --- just an intro.

I don't know if I'll be very good at this, but I love how these things keep everybody connected to each other's lives. Especially in this incredibly busy world where scheduling a cup of coffee can almost require an olympic feat! Also, I am a terrible typist -- so expect lots of typos. I've already corrected, like, 20.

So what happened this weekend? We had Reuben Morgan and his team from Hillsong Church in Sydney, Australia to the Deerwood Campus. It was incredible! We had an incredible time of worship. At the end people did not want to leave. They kept saying, "More! More!" So funny. I think "Mighty to Save" might be one of my favorite songs EVER! It is from that verse in Zepheniah 3:17 that says, "The Lord your God is in your midst; He is a warrior, mighty to save. He will comfort you with His love. He will rejoice over you singing."

We had a great time hanging out with Reuben and His wife, Sarah and their team. The campus worship teams were out there --- Eddie and Angel, Brian and Rene, Jennifer -- we had a great time hanging out afterwards. Check Reuben out at http://www.reubenmorgan.com

Okay -- Bambi's over, so I have to sign off. I am going to try to keep up with this the best I can. I really like reading other people's blogs, so I hope all of my friends out there enjoy reading mine. Till next time -- live beautifully!-K- xoxoxo

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Pastor Kerri,

You are off to a great start! Enjoyed reading! love and hugs,
lisa j

Unknown said...

Pastor Kerri,

I really enjoyed your message at Chick Nite (OP campus). I noticed you are reading the book "Redeeming Love", that is one of my favorite books ever. After I read it I recommended it (and even bought it for) several of my friends/family.

Kari

Margie Marshall said...

Girl,

I just read the last blog about you reading Redeeming Love. I have almost bought you that book about a hundred times! It is the book that taught me how to enjoy reading again! It is not just your typical “ How to conquer this issue in my life type of book” Yet still ministered to me in a way that a book can!!! LOVE IT!!!! Made my husband read it. At first, I thought, "poor guy", but he ended up loving, and recommends it to his friends also. I truly believe that this is a book for men and women alike!!!!!!

Next on your list of reading, if you can find the time should be the Francine Rivers Trilogy “ Mark of The Lion”. Makes me want to have another baby just so I can name her Hadassah!

This is my first response to a blog, sorry if I went on too long.


Love Ya,

Margie Marshall ☺

keira said...

hey Kerri! great start! what a wonderful way to help you connect with Celebration Chicks! have fun wiht it and we'll be waiting for the next post! God Bless!

Kelly Pickens said...

Pastor Kerri,
I too, feel this is a great and very "personal" way to connect and "stay connected!" hee hee!
It does take time, but it is well worth it. May God richly bless you and your family for "tithing your time" for His people!
God Bless,
Kelly Haser Pickens
Mrs. Florida

angelcarrie said...

Your Blog is AWESOME!!! Go Pastor Kerri! I did not even know what a blog was....Ha Ha!!! I am so out of the technology loop!! This is a cool idea.
I will have to grab one of your reads. I am not much of a reader, but the Joyce Meyer's book sounds GREAT!

Angel

AlexE said...

Hi Pastor Kerri! It's so awesome that you are taking time to share your human experience as a mom with us! I must say I am so impressed with how far Celebration has come as a whole. I really love you and Stovall, you are both the real deal!!! These days there is alot to be said for that! God bless you and Celebration Church! Alex Estevez

Kristi H said...

Pastor Kerri,
Thank you so much for all that you do! It is so important to stay connected with other women! Thank you for sharing so much information about your life experiences!
Kristi H.

Lea Sims said...

Kerri, what a blessing to the women of this House to have a pastor who is "real, relevant and enjoyable"...LOL. Blogging is a great window into your heart and I look forward to the journey with you.

Love you!!

Lea

AlexE said...

Hi Pastor Kerri! I wanted to run some ideas by you about a Princess necklace I designed for Shine. It's Pink! I hope that is still the color this year! Anyway, I will show it to you soon! God bless Alex E.

Powered By Blogger