Wednesday, March 7, 2007

It's Working!!!!!!

Hey, Everybody! WOW -- I have to say that I am s pumped that people actually visited my blog and read it AND posted comments. It's Working!!!! I love reading all the comments -- thanks you guys. I see a lot of ya'll liked that book, Redeeming Love. It IS an amazing book. I don't know how long it's been since I read a book for pure pleasure, rather than to study or research. But I remember now why I quit reading for fun. When I find a good book, I can't put it down. I mean, I think my kids must have played video games and watched TV for 8 hours. I took just long enough breaks to feed them rolled up turkey slices with ranch dip to eat. It was a new low in my mothering career. Sooo...that's why I guess I don't let myself read for fun. Anyhoo --- Redeeming Love is a great book retelling the story of the book of Hosea set during the gold rush in the American West. It's an unlikely setting, but it works beautifully. If you are up for a good read, you should try it. I confess that I did cry -- I'm sure that shocks all of you!

We went to OP tonight, and it was an awesome service. Worship rocked and Stovall brought an awesome word about going to the next level. Taryn is speaking at OP tomorrow for women, and I am back at Deerwood talking about recovering from setbacks and avoiding comparisons. Speaking of which -- I better get some sleep. It's late (the time on this blog is 2 hours early -- can't figure that out.) See you later! Live Beautifully -K-xoxo

9 comments:

Kristi Shores said...

Kerri, I am glad to hear that OP service went well! Pastor Stine did a great job teaching us to "detox" ourselves from guilt. I am so glad that Jesus has brought me through that "rehab" and had taken guilt away. He has done so much for me! You and Stovall and Celebration has been such a MAJOR part of my growth and healing. . .I just love what God had done in my life. . .Thank you for doing your part, and for doing it so BEAUTIFULLY!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sending out the blog address again. I missed it the first time. I look forward to checking back often. What a cool way to stay connected.
I love that you have a link to the ONE campaign. I'm looking forward to whenever God does let you preach that series on social justice. :)

Linda said...

Kerri,
I've held of buying Redeeming Love for the same reason:-) I know when I get a good book the kids think I've fled the country. My mother-in-law(awesome Godly woman!!) gave my husband(Dave) the book The Last Sin Eater & he loved it & said I must read it. I did & it took me about a day:-) It's a great book about how only Christ can take our sins & is set in the Apalachian Mts.(I probably butcherd the spelling of this).

Danica Dove said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nursetinkheather said...

Great Blog Kerri!! Thanks for the link b/c I lost it :) I thought of you today of course during the Live Beautifully group, but also during my waxing appointment! Thank you for being so open and honest, sharing your love with God with all of us, and for inspiring me to not only be a better Christian, but for being so enthuastic in Celebration!!

Robin said...

Hey Kerri,
Great word on Thursday as always! I am so glad that I have been able to attend weekly so far with my work schedule! It is great. Taryn did a great job last week and as soon as she ended we headed to Orlando for all 4 sessions of Joyce w/Rueben M doing the worship. It was amazing, I felt like a groupy cuz then we rushed back to Jax, speed limit of course, to hear him @ our very own campus! Joyce sold t's for the 1st time very and challenged everyone to get them and wear them on Sat..I think we should all wear our C.W. shirts for Joyce on Wed! Just a thought! Have a blessed day...Love the idea of this blog!

mrspackard said...

i guess i'll have to put Redeeming Love on my already long list of "to-read material"! Just wanted to let you know how excited i am about SHINE this year! i've been telling everyone about it and I'm on staff to volunteer in my area of expertise GUEST SERVICES! I'm so pumped about it! I can't wait to see what you, Christine, and Priscilla have in store for us this year!

Jan Crisostomo said...

Hey, that's a great idea about wearing our CW t-shirts on Wednesday night! Any chance of emailing all our women and suggesting that?

Kerri, your first teaching of this semester was on fire! You were so passionate. I could truly feel how
important it is to you that our women realize the self-worth we have in Jesus...and just how precious we all are to you.

Thank you for taking on God's challenge to lead the women of Celebration Church!

We love and appreciate you very much.

Unknown said...

Kerri,
Thank you so much for taking the time to come out to OP Weds. night. I believe it was a night of spiritual healing for a lot of people. Pastor Stovall's message was awesome! Celebration Women was wonderful as well on Thursday--thanks for loaning Taryn to us. Her message was one we all needed. GOD is SO good and HIS timing is perfect! Again, I just want to say how much I appreciate you and Pastor Stovall spending time with us at OP right now and for all of the support from the DW campus. Linda, Julie, Patrice, etc.... Such patient and selfless servants! Thanks again! We are looking forward to seeing you this Thursday!

Powered By Blogger