Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Preaching Tonight

So I found out yesterday that I am preaching tonight. We are still doing the one year Bible, so I am supposed to preach out of the selections for this week. When Stovall preaches on Wednesdays he just does whatever – he says it's ALL in the one-year Bible, just maybe not today. Hmmmm….

Anyway, it turns out that this week the passages are focused on Romans 14 and 15, which is great. Not only do they fit in with what Stovall was preaching about on Sunday (AWESOME message!!!!), but they also happen to be some of my favorite passages in the scripture. I have really been wanting to teach on them for a long time, but haven’t had the opportunity. SO even though it’s short notice, I'm really excited and have some good things (I think, anyway!) to say.

Thanks so much for all your comments on the excerpt from my book. It is really encouraging to see that people can relate to it because, basically, that’s the whole point. I am working right now to get my last post on motherhood published in Radiant Magazine. I added some stuff and tightened it up, so we will see.

Love ya’ll and hope I see some of you tonight!
Kerri
LB xoxo

4 comments:

Robin said...

Kerri,

Your message was great and I did not realize you were preaching when I left for church but quickly figured it out...I am so glad, I have missed your teaching since C.W. ended...You always have an encouraging word with a "female" touch to it...I did have to pray hard to get the visual of our very own Pastor Stovall's underwear laying on the floor...but good analogy! Take Care...

Kristi Shores said...

Kerri! I was so excited about your sermon last night! I am so grateful for you being ready "in season and out!". I have experienced the judgment of others pushing their convictions over my life. I think the piece so many of us miss is that while there are definite black and white "laws" that all of us as Christians are to follow, there are other things that God wants us to do/not to do,and this has to do with the vertical line of our OWN personal living/breathing relationship with Him and doesn't have anything to do with others. My mom once told me that God was convicting her that she does not need to be other's Holy Spirit! This is so true and I try to really live this way. Besides, if there is something in a friends life that I think they should change, wouldn't it be MORE powerful to take it the the "Someone" who can make those changes from the INSIDE out instead of confronting them myself?

You are an amazing woman and friend. Praying for your writing--its amazing to read just how many of us want to write. . .and its so great that you are getting it DONE!

love ya girl and thank YOU for Living oh so BEAUTIFULLY! Kristi Shores

Kerri Weems said...

I know, the word "underwear" slipped right out of my mouth, and as I felt it leave, I so wanted to pull it back in, but it was too late...I really meant to say just "clothes" but, well - that obviously didn't happen!
Kerri

Erika Borek said...

Kerri,
I was supposed to be in facilitator training on Wed, but was in
desperate need of a message. Not to throw out a huge story, I was
having a bad week with sisters and our Christian beliefs, and wanting
to "knowledge" them into our faith. Thanks for the message on "loving"
others through, and walking with them while their faith develops. I
prayed before service that God would speak to me and through you and
your message He certainly did! I have heard you preach many times over
the past 2 1/2 years and I thought this was your best. Not just because
it was what I needed that night, but you were right on point. You are
an amazing woman and God does amazing things through you. Thanks. With
Love, Erika

Powered By Blogger