Monday, July 2, 2007

I am sitting here in the Jacksonville airport getting ready to head out to Australia for the Hillsong conference. I have been to Colour (the women's conference) several times, but I have never been to the church conference. It is going to be really exciting to be with over 30,000 pastors and church leaders from around the world.
But man-- I have to say what a joy it was to be back in Jacksonville this weekend at Celebration Church with all the awesome people that call Celebration Church home. In my book, there's no place like it!
We had a great time in Louisiana. Stovall preached at Healing Place Church where his good firend, Dino Rizzo is pastor. We went to hang at a camp in Mississippi, and had a great time riding 4-wheelers through the creek and shooting BB guns. Annabelle did get her tooth knocked out in a 4-wheeler accident and got stung by several wasps, but other than that, it was fun.
Stovall and Stovie went fishing in Grand Isle and caught 60 fish! While they were cleaning the fish, dolphins came under the dock and scooped up the leftovers for dinner!
Its hard to beleieve summer is half way over. It flies by! If any of you are in groups this summer, I'd love to hear from you. If you could post some comments about good stuff from your groups, I'd love to hear about them.
I'll try to post from Sydney to keep in touch. Ya'll are the best!
Love,
Kerri
LB xoxo

4 comments:

Patry said...

Yes! I have some great reports from our groups!
There're 4 or 5 hispanic ladies coming who are catholics, and they are experiencing for the first time the voice of God speaking to them. One of the ladies said that she has never read her Bible before. But, since we are learning how to discern the voice of God, she started to read every day and God spoken to her about her past and some personal issues. She said:"Now, I cannot stop reading!" Praise the Lord!
Also, some of these beautiful women are coming to our services with their families! God is good!

Robin said...

Hey Kerri,

Have a great time in Sydney! I so wish I could go there just for the worship...However, our church is a mini version every week! I love it..Take care!

Jan Crisostomo said...

Kerri,

I have heard this very SAD rumour running around the church that Celebration Women has been put on hold, and that we won't be meeting with you and the other women leaders in the church anymore.

I cried!

I am loving my Living Beautiful group very much and wouldn't want to give that up, but seeing CW was down to twice a year for six weeks at a time (at least that is what it seemed to me)...I would think we could still take advantage of all you gals have to share with us.

We need that connection with the women leaders and with the women as a whole.

We don't need the food or the pampering...just the women and the Word!

I love you and I love my church; and I am flexible...but I just wanted you to know what a blessing CW has been to me and the important women it has brought into my life; and I would not like to lose that ability to connect.

I can't wait to hear Ashley teach!
And I adore Katie; she is an awesome teacher of the Word.

And you know I luv to hear you teach!

Just some thoughts to send your way, okay?

Also, I was wondering what kind of music would be used in the worship on Saturday nights (latenite)...is it gonna be rock n roll or something all ages can enjoy?

Enjoy Australia, honey!

Jan Crisostomo said...

Rosemary,

God never meant women to be abused in any way, sweetie.

I would suggest that your lady friend seek counseling with Pastor Bernie.

He has much wisdom in this area and a wonderful heart in ministering to the Body of Christ.

You could also check with Linda Riddle in the church office for suggestions or to see if the person I suggested is the one she would agree is the correct way to go.

God Bless!

Powered By Blogger