Saturday, June 16, 2007

Return of Good Friends

I am so excited about the return of our good friends, Chris and Ashley Brooks, from Atlanta. Chris and Ashley are taking on the role of campus pastors at South Campus. Their first Sunday is tomorrow! The Brooks were on our original launch team of 7 people (along with Lee and Nicole Alexander and Katie Sullivan-- then Katie Young.) They spent many days and nights praying, obsessing over the church with us, ministering to people on so many levels. Their return is like a drink of fresh water to me -- we have missed them so much! I am confident that all of the folks out at South will just love them. I encourage you to welcome them with open arms in true Celebration style and rally around them in love and support.

So, if you haven't heard, Pastors Darren and Katie Sullivan will be taking on the role of Campus Pastors at the OP campus. I know those of you who knew the Sullivans at South Campus love them so much, but don't worry -- you will still be hearing them some on Wednesday nights at DW and you can always head over to OP's mid-week or Saturday night to see them. I encourage all of you at OP to open your hearts to the Sullivans. They are capable, sincere, and Christlike leaders who have been close to us for a the last 8 years. Many of you OP ladies who have heard Katie preach at Celebration Women know that she is a gifted communicator and passionate about the Word of God. I know you will love them!

By the way, I am looking forward to coming out to OP at lot more on Wednesdays after I return from Hillsong conference in Australia. Adios for now! LB!
Kerri xoxo

1 comment:

Jan Crisostomo said...

Ashley and Chris coming back is sooo right! When I saw her at SHINE, it was as if she never left; she just belongs here. And I can't wait to renew our friendship! I am sure they will do an awesome job at South Campus, and Katie and Darren will be perfect at Orange Park. You are right about Katie. I love to hear her teach. She always backs up everything with Scripture...we get to zoom through our Bibles when she is behind the pulpit! She is truly anointed.

I know I say it over and over again. But, it is true. The growth of everyone who started out on the original team is so amazing to me! You are not timid little women anymore. All of you stand tall as true daughters, princesses,
but most of all WARRIORS...arming the rest of the women to fight for all that Christ bought for us with His precious blood!

Thank you for all the time you spend studying, praying, and praising...allowing the Holy
Spirit change you on the inside, encourage you, strengthen you...to be like Joshuas - we are taking the land...Jacksonville is ours for Jesus, because of the example the pastoral wives set in this church. No backing down. The Word is our sword, and faith is our shield - I can't wait til we start our next session in the fall!

Love you....
xoxo jan

Powered By Blogger